Ohmuk Bokkeum is another common side dish or banchan. Its main ingredient, ohmuk, is a fried fish cake resembling kikiam but in no means can be substituted.
It can be cooked with soy sauce or kochujang. It can also be used in soup. If you have been to shabu shabu restaurants, you may have met this baby.
- 1 sheet fried fish cake
- 1/4 small onion, sliced
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp roasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbs green onions
- 1 tbs oil
- Cut the fish cake into thin strips.
- Put oil on a hot skillet. Saute the garlic and onion.
- Stir fry the fish cake strips for 1 min.
- Add the soy sauce and sugar.
- Put the green onions and cook for another minute.
- Turn off the heat and add 1 tsp roasted sesame seeds.