Kongnamul Muchim is a ubiquitous side dish or banchan. It uses soy bean sprouts which is a close cousin of togue. In fact, you can use togue as substitute in this recipe. Togue is less expensive but it's a little different from soy bean (togue is actually mung bean) in taste. For this dish, using mung bean sprouts won't be that far from using soy bean sprouts.
- 2 handfuls soybean sprouts
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbs green onions, chopped
- Put soybean sprouts in a pot. Add the water and salt.
- Boil for 10 min without removing the lid.
- Turn off the heat and drain liquid from the soybean sprouts.
- Set aside to cool.
- Combine the remaining ingredients with the sprouts. Mix by hand.
- Check your seasoning.