Curry rice is now one of my favorite foods. I used to dislike it but when I started cooking it myself, I've acquired a certain fondness for the dish. I like to use chicken instead of beef. Chicken has a subtle flavor that doesn't overpower the or complicate the curry's taste. I like to cook it on low-medium so the potatoes turn out chewy.
Curry rice goes really well with kimchi. I like eating pogi kimchi or chongak kimchi with it.
- 1 cup diced potatoes
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced chicken
- 2 tbs oil
- 1 small pack ottogi curry powder
- 4 cups water
- Put oil in a hot pot.
- Add the chicken and saute untill the color's changed.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, and onions. Saute for 2-3 minutes on high.
- Add 4 cups water. Cover with a the lid and bring to boil.
- Dissolve 1 pack of ottogi curry powder in 3/4 cup hot water. You can take this water from the boiling stock.
- Add the dissolved powder to the pot.
- Cook for 20min. Check and stir occasionally to prevent burning the bottom of the pot.